Recommendations from psych alumni to senior year psych majors
- Finish your SIP in the summer if you can!
- Be sure to finish your upper level courses.
- Don’t stop taking psychology courses even after you finish your requirements. Take at least one per quarter and take those classes you really want to take!
- Don’t forget about your friends while you’re flustered over requirements and your SIP! Be sure to make time for those around you.
- If you are planning on working after graduation, take classes in other departments that might help you in your area of interest.
- Consider taking Counseling Psych, Theories of Personality, and Social Development. Past students have found these classes really helpful to their academic and personal development.
- Beginning planning your SIP and take a course to get background for your SIP
- You must take PSYC 390 (Experimental Methods) your Junior spring quarter
- Look at old SIPs and talk to seniors and professors for SIP ideas
- Look at other universities websites to see what kind of research professors are doing there. Often they need more research assistants over the summer!
- Read tons of articles!!
Senior Individualized Project (SIP)
On-Campus Funding Opportunities
On-Campus Educational Support
Looking for tools to combine your psychology interest with your career goals? Check out these CCPD Resources.